Rhubarb Streusel Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makesabout 12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Add egg. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with the sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in rhubarb. Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine all topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 378 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 7, 2018
Live this recipe, so did other InfyBir and only gave it a 4? Weird?
May 22, 2016
Tried this when having over-night guests. Had to do baking 2 days ahead of their arrival so was holding my breath that this would be good. It was fantastic. It was very moist. We even added a bit of whipped cream on top and served it as dessert. My husband suggested it would be nice if I made this again....very soon. Definitely will!
Dec 13, 2011
Delicious. I will make it.
Apr 29, 2010
This recipe was my grandma's standby, only change she did was instead of sour cream, she used 1 cup sour milk ( almost a cup of skim milk with a little lemon juice added to sour it). Everyone loves this recipe, the original way and grandma's way!!