Graham Streusel Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Stir in butter; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the graham cracker mixture. Carefully spoon the remaining batter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over coffee cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 329 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2018
This cake was a big hit with my family for Father's Day. I did add 1 tsp. of vanilla to the cake batter. The only problem I had was that my streusel sunk to the bottom of the cake. There was none on top. But it was still delicious just the same, and very easy to make. Thank you for the recipe! This one is a keeper!
May 7, 2018
Easy coffee cake to make. The only change that I would make would be adding extra cinnamon. But, I do like extra cinnamon so it may not be for everyone's liking. Besides that the coffee cake was very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing.
Jan 22, 2018
This sounds wonderful, however, as of 2017 there are no longer cake mixes in 18 ounces size, There is one exception. If you use two Jiffy cake mixes they will equal 18 ozs. Pillsbury needs to revise their wonderful recipes to fit the current times!
Jan 22, 2018
I make this for my husband, who has Celiac, with a gluten-free yellow cake mix, and gluten-free graham cracker crumbs. I also bake it in a bundt pan for a more beautiful presentation. So delicious!
Apr 30, 2017
I made this b4 reading the reviews. I used yellow cake mix calling for oil. The nut mixture did sink so next time I will try cooking without the nut top layer.for 20 min and then add the top layer of nuts in the final 20 min of cooking. I also used two tsp of cinnamon. And walnuts i/o pecans.
Mar 18, 2017
I am a normally scratch baker, but this recipe is delicious and really easy to prepare. My daughter told me about it, and I made it and loved it.
Apr 1, 2016
This was really yummy! It was relatively easy to make, and I loved the graham cracker filling/topping. It's a great addition to a breakfast or brunch or at coffee or dessert time.
Mar 5, 2016
I omitted the nuts and icing and took this to a baby shower. It was good, but not outstanding (it was plenty sweet, so I do not think we would have enjoyed it more with the icing). However, it was done in 30 min! I am glad I checked the cake box. 40 minutes seemed too long.
Feb 18, 2016
If you bake this the night before you serve it, will it still be tasty & moist?
Sep 21, 2015
Good, quick, easy cake. My cake baked for less than 40 minutes though. And I would agree with the other reviews in decreasing the butter to 1/2 cup.