Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture (batter will be thick).
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine chocolate chips, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over batter. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over the top. Sprinkle with remaining chip mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 284 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 30, 2012
The sugar is 1 cup in dough and 1/2 cup in topping. The recipe was in M/A 99' Quick Cooking. My family loves it!!
Aug 11, 2009
This recipe requires the sugar to be divided but fails to mention how much to use in each part of the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.