Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers 2 more times. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 340 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 4, 2020
I am amazed these commenters are allowed near a stove, How dumb can you be?
Oct 31, 2019
This coffee cake is fabulous! Easy to make and really yummy. My 92 year-old wonderful mother-in-law who never wants to bother me for anything, asks for this cake!
Oct 19, 2019
I haven't made it yet but reading the comments is hilarious. And these people have access to an oven? Wow!
Oct 13, 2019
Well this is great!!!!! where is the coffee and where do you put the cinnamon 4 eggs a lot of butter and other ingred just all to waste as method is up to putty.
Sep 18, 2019
Can I use self rising flour and omit the baking soda?
Aug 5, 2019
Seriously people, those still looking for the "overnight" instructions are funny! Made my day!
Jul 19, 2019
can this recipe be substituted using splenda sugar
Jun 21, 2019
So I made it with what I had on hand.. which meant replacing about half the flour with whole wheat flour, 3 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring instead of extract, no nuts and cream cheese instead of sour cream. The experience at our house was that we ate a slice maybe an hour after it came out of the oven and we were all like meh, there's something off about it.. however, the next day I guess the flavors really set in and everybody has been really enjoying it ever since. To me it tastes like a cinnamon roll in cake form.. which I'm not complaining about! It's not too sweet and the best part are definitely the swirls. I used about half the sugar and cinnamon mix however if I were to make this again I wouldn't make less but rather layer much more! Like I wouldn't pour a third of the batter before the first layer but just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Even so though, it's not 100% the flavor I had in mind so that's why I'm giving it 4 stars. Maybe that's not fair considering all the alterations but it's my judgement.
Jun 6, 2019
I used a bunt cake pan instead of a 'tube pan' (not sure what that is), and it took 70 minutes in case anyone else is trying to do the same. Turned out great! It truly tastes delicious.
May 11, 2019
The cake looks yummy, would love to try, however the England advertising is right over ingredients list. No X to get it off. How do I view the ingredients ? Directions are there and first 3 ingredients