Cinnamon-Apple Honey Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Line a 6-in. round baking pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Arrange apple slices in a single layer over cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Add milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and remaining cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Spoon over apple.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert immediately onto a serving plate; drizzle with honey. Serve warm if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 317 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 30, 2016
Sep 23, 2014
I tripled the recipe for the batter and it made a regular sized cake. Came out moist, delicious and has a great texture. You'll definitely want to keep this recipe. Don't believe me? Well the only way I knew to triple the recipe was from making this cake and baking it in a regular round cake pan. When it came out, I knew I had to redo the cake and nearly ate the whole thing!
Aug 24, 2012
I didn't quite have a small enough pan, but even with it a lil thin and a beginner making it, it was delicious and even my picky Dad asked for seconds!
Mar 29, 2012
Really good cake. Moist, not too sweet and perfect size for just the two of us. Thanks!
Jun 19, 2011
This was wonderful! It was a snap to make and everyone loved it! Since it is not very sweet, I think I will make it again and serve with breakfast. Thanks to the parchment paper, everything cleaned up easily too!
May 12, 2010
Loved this recipe!!! Not too sweet & perfect size! Thank you so much for sharing!!
Jan 23, 2010
This was so easy to make and it left a wonderful after-taste. Yum!!
Jan 15, 2009
I loved it.and will make it agen,also will share it
Jan 1, 2009
wow looks great!! im going to make this tonight!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.