Cinnamon Apple Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture (batter will be thick). Fold in apples. Spread into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- For topping, beat the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in coconut and walnuts; mix well. Sprinkle over the batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 274 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 24, 2013
Nov 23, 2013
I made this cake twice now, & the family enjoyed it. I made it gluten free by using 2 cups of Bob's Red Mills Gluten Free Baking Mix & adding 1 tsp of xanthum gum. I also cut the sugar back to 1 cup & the oil to a 1/2 cup & added extra apples. I baked it in a 9 x 13 cake pan. Definitely a Keeper
Sep 14, 2013
I made this cake several times and my family loved it, then misplaced the recipe. It is super good and moist and we will enjoy having it again. My daughters are now married and have asked for the recipe and I am going to be passing it on to them. Thank you for all the good food to prepare for family and friends, Lisa
Feb 4, 2013
I made it in the 9X13 pan recommended. I also thought that 2 cups of sugar sounded like a lot so reduced it to 1 cup and used Splenda as the sweetener insted of sugar in the cake. Topping as written. Guys just tasted for coffee time and said it was great.
Jan 30, 2013
My family loved it. Doubled the recipe and made it in a 9 x 13. Pickiest eating son passed by his favorite cake sitting nearby to have third helpings of this.
Nov 11, 2010
Cake batter did not mix well. I added 1/3 cup milk to turn crumb mixture into a batter. Coconut in topping gave cake a nice crunchy top, but finished cake was too sweet.
Sep 11, 2009
I took this recipe to a group gathering, and the hostess raved about it. She said she must have the recipe. Absolutely do recommend.