Cinnamon-Raisin Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with yogurt. Stir in raisins. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Top with remaining batter and topping. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 365 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
May 5, 2018
This was a great coffee cake! It was easy to make and tasted great. I did make a few changes because of what I had in my pantry. I used melted butter instead of oil and sour cream instead of yogurt. I didn't put the layer of topping in between, but put all of it as a topping.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.