Cinnamon-Raisin Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with yogurt. Stir in raisins. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Top with remaining batter and topping. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 365 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2018
This was a great coffee cake! It was easy to make and tasted great. I did make a few changes because of what I had in my pantry. I used melted butter instead of oil and sour cream instead of yogurt. I didn't put the layer of topping in between, but put all of it as a topping.