Raisin Buttermilk Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in raisins. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 421 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 4, 2017
Fabulous! Since there were only a few reviews and one said all the raisins sunk to the bottom, I simply tossed the raisins with a Tblsp of flour before adding them. It keeps them from sinking and makes the coffee cake fabulous. This is the exact same recipe my mom called Ooey Gooey Coffee Cake and I love it. Of course, I added more crumb topping in the middle and on top just because I wanted it to be too rich to eat more than a small piece at a time so it would last longer.
Dec 15, 2014
Very tasty, moist and not too sweet. Made for men on church workday - they gobbled it down and said "much better than Dunkin Donuts!
May 31, 2014
If I want to use vegetable oil instead of butter to make the cake moister, how much oil should I use?
Nov 3, 2013
This is a good recipe, but the cake could use more of the crumbled mixture and i had a problem with sinking raisins in the batter...they were all at the bottom. Otherwise, i thought it was pretty good.
Feb 15, 2012
This coffee cake is so good and moist, even my finicky son loves it.
Jun 13, 2009
OhMyGoodness, this cake is absolutely awesome. Comfort food at its best!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.