Cranberry Banana Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas, beating well after each addition. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with cranberry sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; stir in butter. Sprinkle over cranberries. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 264 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 17, 2016
It is so good. The only downside is the instructions saying to bake 45-50 minutes. I put it in the oven for 40 minutes and checked it with 12 minutes left. It was done. Make sure you know your oven for sure. 9x13 should be 25-28 minutes tops. I am glad I pulled it out when I did. It is so good and so easy to make. On a side note. I grabbed what I thought was a half cup, but it was 2/3 cup. So There were extra pecans on top. Everyone liked that so I will keep doing that.
Mar 19, 2013
I did as the other reviewer and used quick oats in the topping since I had no nuts (and hubby doesn't like nuts IN his food). I thought the pan size would be too big since I've always made 8 x 8 coffee cakes, but it was just right. I used 3 bananas since the 2 old ones I was saving in the fridge were small. Now I have to eat the rest of the cranberry sauce out of the can :).
Jan 2, 2012
This recipe was just what I was looking for to use up that can of cranberry sauce in the pantry. This was very tasty! The only thing I changed was instead of the nuts I used the same amount of quick cooking oats since my kids are not big fans of nuts, this worked just fine. My kids ate it up and my Husband and I enjoyed it with coffee.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.