Cranberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake
—Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and milk; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 337 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas 2008