Sour Cream-Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325°. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and pumpkin pie spice. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half of batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Combine pumpkin, egg, sugar and pumpkin pie spice; drop by tablespoonfuls over streusel and spread evenly. Top with remaining batter and streusel.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 386 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2019
I love a dish I can bring to a church potluck and this was a winner. Made in the fall and was a real hit. Not a crumb left. The pumpkin layer threw people off at first, it's kind of a surprise!
Dec 16, 2018
Excellent. This is a great recipe that In adding to my Fall baking collection. The only change I made was substituting chopped Waluts instead of the Pecans. Huge hit with the family and I will definitely make again.
Jan 8, 2018
Have made this a couple of times . So delicious! Only use a half cup of pecans, but otherwise make exactly as directed!
Oct 8, 2016
Really yummy! :D I had to substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream but it obviously worked because I came home from a potluck with the baking pan empty!
May 20, 2015
Dec 19, 2013
This was awesome. I made it for a Pumpkin Day at work and several people have asked me for the recipe.