Sour Cream-Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325°. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and pumpkin pie spice. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half of batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Combine pumpkin, egg, sugar and pumpkin pie spice; drop by tablespoonfuls over streusel and spread evenly. Top with remaining batter and streusel.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 386 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 4, 2019
I love a dish I can bring to a church potluck and this was a winner. Made in the fall and was a real hit. Not a crumb left. The pumpkin layer threw people off at first, it's kind of a surprise!
Dec 16, 2018
Excellent. This is a great recipe that In adding to my Fall baking collection. The only change I made was substituting chopped Waluts instead of the Pecans. Huge hit with the family and I will definitely make again.
Jan 8, 2018
Have made this a couple of times . So delicious! Only use a half cup of pecans, but otherwise make exactly as directed!
Oct 8, 2016
Really yummy! :D I had to substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream but it obviously worked because I came home from a potluck with the baking pan empty!
May 20, 2015
Dec 19, 2013
This was awesome. I made it for a Pumpkin Day at work and several people have asked me for the recipe.