Easy Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon each almond, lemon and vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Make a well in the center of the batter. Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle into well. Carefully cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 349 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2009
I'm a beginning baker, so this recipe was not only easy to follow but it was absolutely delicious! My husband loves it and I intend on making more to bring to our families. We were both thoroughly impressed that it stayed moist for over 6 days!