Easy Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon each almond, lemon and vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Make a well in the center of the batter. Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle into well. Carefully cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 349 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 12, 2009
I'm a beginning baker, so this recipe was not only easy to follow but it was absolutely delicious! My husband loves it and I intend on making more to bring to our families. We were both thoroughly impressed that it stayed moist for over 6 days!