Easy Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and beat just until combined.
- Spread 3-3/4 cups batter into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Carefully spoon pie filling to within 1 in. of edges. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if edges brown too quickly). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 289 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 27, 2016
I have made this twice and it turned out well both times. The first time that I made it, it was thinner than I prefer so next time I made it in a 13x9x2-inch pan and baked for approximately 30 minutes, which worked well. I also varied the second one by using cherry pie filling rather than peach. I lvoe that the flavor can be changed by simply altering the type of pie filling used. This tasted so good and was very pretty. Next time I will try sprinkling some almonds on top (which I think will go well with the almond extract used in the icing)!
Apr 16, 2014
This is great! I can't wait to try it with other flavors.
Jul 28, 2013
this is so easy and a very good coffee cake.
Jan 14, 2013
You could not ask for a better coffee cake. It is scrumptious!
May 13, 2012
There is NO way this is done in 20-25 minues! I baked it for approx 35 minutes, and my oven is dead on!
Jul 20, 2011
I usually don't like canned fillings, but this was amazing! I can't believe how easy it was to make too. The flavor gets even better after it sits a day.
Oct 17, 2010
instead of peach pie filling i used peach slices and some homemade peach jam. it was a hit!
Dec 26, 2009
This was a breeze to put together on Christmas morning. I subbed cherry pie filling for the festive look. I loved the coffee cake was made in a large 15x10 pan. Perfect for serving alot of guests.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.