Easy Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and beat just until combined.
- Spread 3-3/4 cups batter into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Carefully spoon pie filling to within 1 in. of edges. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if edges brown too quickly). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 289 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 27, 2016
I have made this twice and it turned out well both times. The first time that I made it, it was thinner than I prefer so next time I made it in a 13x9x2-inch pan and baked for approximately 30 minutes, which worked well. I also varied the second one by using cherry pie filling rather than peach. I lvoe that the flavor can be changed by simply altering the type of pie filling used. This tasted so good and was very pretty. Next time I will try sprinkling some almonds on top (which I think will go well with the almond extract used in the icing)!
Apr 16, 2014
This is great! I can't wait to try it with other flavors.
Jul 28, 2013
this is so easy and a very good coffee cake.
Jan 14, 2013
You could not ask for a better coffee cake. It is scrumptious!
May 13, 2012
There is NO way this is done in 20-25 minues! I baked it for approx 35 minutes, and my oven is dead on!
Jul 20, 2011
I usually don't like canned fillings, but this was amazing! I can't believe how easy it was to make too. The flavor gets even better after it sits a day.
Oct 17, 2010
instead of peach pie filling i used peach slices and some homemade peach jam. it was a hit!
Dec 26, 2009
This was a breeze to put together on Christmas morning. I subbed cherry pie filling for the festive look. I loved the coffee cake was made in a large 15x10 pan. Perfect for serving alot of guests.