Coffee Cake Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon nut mixture and about 2 tablespoons batter. Sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; spoon over muffins. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 214 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 18, 2017
I take these to work, and my co-workers love them. I find a small cookie scoop works perfectly for measuring the batter. I omit the glaze, and I only bake the muffins for 14 minutes.
Apr 10, 2017
These were ok, I followed the recipe exactly and found them to be overdone and dry, I took them out at 22 minutes per the recipe.
Aug 4, 2016
These were awesome! I doubled the recipe and otherwise followed the recipe. It made a dozen and a half regular sized muffins. This is a keeper.
Jul 29, 2014
These muffins are fabulous. Everyone just loves them. I make them at least once a month. I sub the pecans with walnuts because I usually bake with them. I also sometimes do almond flavoring. They are the best!!
Jun 28, 2014
These are tasty. They even look like coffee cake inside. Will definitely make again.
Jun 15, 2014
These are a hit with my family. I too put the dry ingredients ready the night before. I use chopped walnuts since some people in my family do not like pecans. These do not last long in my house when I make them. Your house will smell so good when you make these. Perfect for a Saturday/Sunday . I have made this many times, and everyone loves them! The do not last long.
Mar 25, 2014
These were excellent. I put together different ingredients in separate bowls the night before (except for wet) and the next morning it went together easily. I used walnuts because I had no pecans, but it was still DELICIOUS.
Dec 27, 2012
My kids enjoyed these and I found them to be moist but I thought they needed something. Not sure what exactly, maybe vanilla extract in the batter next time.
Sep 22, 2012
i combined all ingredients together, moist, tasty. i put a small amount of glaze on them. i thought they were yummy
Aug 31, 2010
I should have waited to review. Tried the second batch at a lower tep and they were delicious. Will definitely make again.