Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup prune baby food
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional baking cocoa
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, baby food, oil, vanilla and coffee mixture. Gradually stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Just before serving, frost cupcakes with whipped topping and sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 192 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 23, 2012
Cake was a little on the dry side. Very Dense.
Jul 24, 2011
Everyone in my family loved this recipe, it is so moist and delicious! I made my own frosting but it turned out wonderful! will definitely make again!
Jun 15, 2010
A bit more work than I thought, but these went over really well, even with my boyfriend and dad who hate coffee.
Jan 22, 2008
These sound yummie and easy to make. I'm going to try them with my granddaughter sometime this week.