Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and sour cream; beat well. Stir in the carrots, coconut and raisins.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 250 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 6, 2014
Excellent recipe. I followed the recipe with the exception of adding a little less brown sugar. These are excellent.
Nov 3, 2011
This is my favorite muffin recipe of all time. I have made it several times for guests and they always request a copy of the recipe.
Aug 3, 2011
The muffins had a wonderful taste but I found the texture to be a bit doughy even after baking them longer and at a slightly higher temp (I know my oven) than the recipe called for. All in All a very good recipe and will make again.
Dec 12, 2010
I love them. A cup of coffe and this muffing before go to work! :)
Mar 15, 2010
I entered this recipe on sparkpeople.com to find the nutrition info. It came out as follows: Total servings: 12 Amount per serving:calories: 236 , total fat: 16g, saturated fat: 9g, polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g, monounsaturated fat: 3.1g, cholesterol: 54mg, sodium: 195mg, potassium: 207mg, total carbs: 22g, dietary fiber: 1g, sugars: 4g, protein: 3g
Feb 16, 2010
I love these! And I too would like to know the nutritional info. I am hoping they don't have too many calories... because they are delicious. My mom makes them in the silicone molds so no mess taking a paper off.
Nov 15, 2009
My husband hates raisins, so I used the golden variety and chopped them up. We both really enjoyed the muffins and he even said he would eat them again, knowing the raisins are in there! I substituted plain yogurt for part of the sour cream as I only had about 1/4 cup sour cream on hand at the time and it turned out great. We used a mini muffin pan, so the baking time needed to be shortened to about 15 minutes.
Aug 29, 2008
Hello I would like The nutrition facts for this receipe.Thank you Cheryl
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.