Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and sour cream; beat well. Stir in the carrots, coconut and raisins.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 250 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 6, 2014
Excellent recipe. I followed the recipe with the exception of adding a little less brown sugar. These are excellent.
Nov 3, 2011
This is my favorite muffin recipe of all time. I have made it several times for guests and they always request a copy of the recipe.
Aug 3, 2011
The muffins had a wonderful taste but I found the texture to be a bit doughy even after baking them longer and at a slightly higher temp (I know my oven) than the recipe called for. All in All a very good recipe and will make again.
Dec 12, 2010
I love them. A cup of coffe and this muffing before go to work! :)
Mar 15, 2010
I entered this recipe on sparkpeople.com to find the nutrition info. It came out as follows: Total servings: 12 Amount per serving:calories: 236 , total fat: 16g, saturated fat: 9g, polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g, monounsaturated fat: 3.1g, cholesterol: 54mg, sodium: 195mg, potassium: 207mg, total carbs: 22g, dietary fiber: 1g, sugars: 4g, protein: 3g
Feb 16, 2010
I love these! And I too would like to know the nutritional info. I am hoping they don't have too many calories... because they are delicious. My mom makes them in the silicone molds so no mess taking a paper off.
Nov 15, 2009
My husband hates raisins, so I used the golden variety and chopped them up. We both really enjoyed the muffins and he even said he would eat them again, knowing the raisins are in there! I substituted plain yogurt for part of the sour cream as I only had about 1/4 cup sour cream on hand at the time and it turned out great. We used a mini muffin pan, so the baking time needed to be shortened to about 15 minutes.
Aug 29, 2008
Hello I would like The nutrition facts for this receipe.Thank you Cheryl