Strawberry Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat in vanilla. Fold in the strawberries. Spoon half into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Top with remaining batter and filling. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 342 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 27, 2018
Delicious! This cake looked beautiful in my bundt autumn wreath pan and tasted great. I made no changes to the recipe.
Sep 30, 2016
This is a very moist cake. It didn't hold together very well when cut due to the moistness. But the taste was excellent. I only put the filling in the middle and not on the top.
Apr 1, 2016
I prepared it according to the recipe with no changes. It was delicious! I loved the nice texture that came from the use of sour cream. It would be a lovely cake for a brunch or breakfast gathering.
Jun 6, 2012
I followed nelly68's lead and substituted lemon extract for the vanilla. It really brightened up flavor and complimented the strawberries. This is a moist cake; be gentle when you flip it out of the pan to cool, and mindful that some of the end topping will fall off and get messy under your cooling rack (notice filling next to bottom of slices on plate in picture.) Lastly, big, meaty strawberries tend to lose their punch and get mushy when baked. Opt for small, ripe compact berries if available for maximum flavor.
Jul 9, 2011
Yes I modified with just adding 1 tablespoon honey 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 jello 3.4oz lemon pie filling the the original ingredients and it makes a little moist and delicious my family really like it and enjoy it.