Low-Fat Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg whites, applesauce and milk. Add to dry ingredients. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 205 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 31, 2009
This turned out good a little too much sugar though >.<
Nov 15, 2008
I have made this a couple times and it always turns out great!
Oct 16, 2008
This coffee cake is very dense. Had to use a longer cooking time (middle was not getting done) Next time I make it I will cut way back on the sugar topping (way too much) and substitute walnuts.