Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Sprinkle the walnuts into a greased 9-in. fluted tube pan. Spread one third of the batter over nuts; top with half the cranberry sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the final third of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over coffee cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 276 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2014
This is my favorite take to anything cake.
Feb 22, 2012
Delicious and very easy! An excellent way to use up leftover cranberry sauce!
May 12, 2011
I added two tablespoons of poppy seeds to the batter. It was really delicious!! Easy too.