Cinnamon Nut Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; set aside. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients.
- Spread half of batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the topping. Carefully spread remaining batter over top; sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 263 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 13, 2017
For such simple ingredients, this recipe makes a great coffee cake.
Jan 12, 2014
Excellent! A new favorite!!
Dec 17, 2012
I have made this several times. It reminds me of one my mother made when I was a child. This is the closest I have ever found and just love it.
May 5, 2012
Made this for brunch and served it right out of the oven. The whole family raved about how delicious this cake is and want it again. Excellent recipeLisa Hein
Jan 7, 2010
Delicious and easy to make! Saved in my recipe box for future use. Will be great for potlucks! Read more of my review here http://muminbloom.blogspot.com/2010/01/recipe-cinnamon-nut-coffee-cake.html
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.