Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, salt and 1-1/4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Combine brown sugar and cream; pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Place rolls cut side down over pecans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until well browned. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1 sticky bun: 405 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 23, 2019
These Caramel Pecan sticky buns are really great. Made them today and my family loved them. I use finely chopped pecans and they worked well.
Feb 22, 2019
Jan 22, 2018
Thanks, for such amazing recipe!!!! Love it!
Mar 20, 2017
Made these today and they are great. I made them in my bread machine on the dough setting. The recipe worked great at the high altitude of 7600 feet we have here with no alterations.
Dec 21, 2015
Also made them the day before and put them in the fridge overnight. Very good!
Feb 6, 2014
Did this recipe for Christmas and made them the day before and left them in the fridge as another review suggested and just let them come up to room temp before popping them in the oven and they turned out great!Only thing I would change next time is a little less nuts but our family isn't huge on nuts in our sweet stuff but still enjoyed them very much
Jan 1, 2014
Excellent! They turned out wonderful! Family loved eating them Christmas morning!
Sep 30, 2013
Awesome recipe! best one I've tried yet.
Sep 30, 2013
Yummy, yummy!! I made the dough in the bread machine, which makes it super easy to put this recipe together. They came out perfect! Will make them often...delicious and easy....couldn't ask for a better combination!
Nov 17, 2012
update on my sticky buns, they turned out wonderful!! I wish I could post a pic, so good!! yummmm!!