Simple Sticky Buns
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed, divided
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Cut each loaf of dough into 18 pieces. Arrange half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, pudding mix and milk until smooth. Pour over dough. Sprinkle with pecans and raisins if desired. Arrange remaining pieces of dough over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight or let stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until center sounds hollow when tapped with fingers. Invert onto a serving platter or baking sheet.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 14, 2011
These were very good fresh from the oven. The leftovers were O.K. warmed up the next day, but better the first day made. I made it with soy milk and I don't think that changed the pudding mixture (pudding won't set with soy milk).
Dec 24, 2010
These have become very popular in my family. We have them whenever we have overnight company and for special occasions. I frequently get asked for the recipe.