Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dissolve yeast in water. Add butter, sugar, milk powder and salt, then beat in 2 cups flour on low for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, make sauce by combining brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a floured surface; roll into a 16x10-in. rectangle. Make filling by combining butter, sugar and cinnamon; spread to within 3/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place slices cut side down over sauce. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool 3 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1 bun: 314 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 24, 2016
I love this recipe and have been making it for years! Comes out perfectly every time. (I use the bread machine)
Sep 13, 2015
Just...not good. The dough was too sticky to work with. I had to knead in another cup of flour just to get it so I could shape it. There also wasn't even close to enough topping. It all soaked into the top of the buns. And the rolls themselves were tasteless.
Dec 28, 2013
These were wonderful and very easy when using my bread machine. Next time will add more cinnamon/sugar before rolling. Will definitely make again. Went well with Amish Breakfast Casserole recipe.
Feb 24, 2013
The dough was wonderful to work with after removing from my bread machine but after it was all done I would liked to of seen more topping. I would maybe double that next time.
Oct 14, 2012
Very good! I just got a new oven with a proofer setting, Had to try it out. So I made this from scratch. I gave some to my grandson and he said "Yummy in my tummy" I think that said it all. He`s 2 1/2 years old.
Jan 13, 2012
I used the dough setting on bread machine and the dough was super sticky and runny. And when I tried to roll it out, it had a LOT of air bubble. Any idea on what went wrong?
Jan 13, 2012
I followed the recipe exactly and I let the bread machine make the dough. It came out really sticky and runny and it had lots of air bubbles in it. What did I do wrong? I set my bread machine on "DOUGH".
Dec 24, 2011
Wonderful and easy
Nov 29, 2011
Take away the salt and it would be very good. To salty! Add more sugar.
May 11, 2010
These were GREAT! I had to give them away so I wouldn't eat them all myself. I used the bread machine method in the recipe and found this to be a wonderful help. I plan on making them again very soon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.