Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8-1/2 to 9 cups all-purpose flour
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; cook until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Place in a blender or food processor. Add eggs and 1/2 cup water; puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in remaining water. Add carrot mixture. Stir in oil, sugar, molasses, salt and 5 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into 48 balls. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 each: 128 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.