Brown Sugar-Glazed Baby Carrots
When things get hectic, these delicious glazed carrots are my "rescue me" side dish because they cook while I'm preparing other parts of the meal. Plus, they're made in the slow cooker so the oven is free for other things. —Anndrea Bailey, Huntington Beach, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low until carrots are tender, 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 144 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Candy Carrots in Healthy Cooking February/March 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.