Slow-Cooker Citrus Carrots
These carrots are yummy and so simple. The recipe is from my mom, who tweaked it a bit to suit her tastes. You can make this dish a day in advance and refrigerate until needed. Then just reheat it in the slow cooker right before the party. —Julie Puderbaugh, Berwick, PA
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4-1/4 hours
- 12 cups frozen sliced carrots (about 48 ounces), thawed
- 1-3/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 5 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until carrots are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until sauce is thickened, 15-30 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 5 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 2 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Press cancel. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes.