- 13 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine 12 cups broth, cornmeal, onion, garlic, bay leaves and salt. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours, until liquid is absorbed and polenta is creamy. Remove bay leaves. Stir in cream, cheese, butter, pepper and remaining broth. If desired, serve with additional cheese.
1 cup: 255 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.