- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine cornmeal and salt. Gradually add boiling water, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spread polenta into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread over polenta; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
1 each: 311 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 887mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.