Basil-Parmesan Angel Hair
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh basil
- 12 lemon slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pan. Add oil; toss to coat. Add the milk, cheese, onions, basil, lemon peel, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Sprinkle with additional basil. Serve with lemon.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 203 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 1, 2015
I love lemon peel so this recipe appealed to me. Made for family and even used gluten free pasta with great results.
Apr 18, 2014
Amazing!! All we did differently was add shallots instead of green onions.
Apr 16, 2013
The fresh basil and grated lemon peel really made the difference. It was light, and very flavorful. One hint, when you drain the pasta to add the remaining ingredients, keep it off the heat. Otherwise It will get sticky and try to dry out.
Oct 12, 2012
My husband and I had this with chicken piccata and homemade garlic bread. It was very good! I will definitely be making this again.
Feb 19, 2012
This pasta dish was excellent! I used dried basil instead of fresh (4 tsp.), and it came out great! My husband and 12 year old son both said they really liked it a lot. It makes a lot, too. Very yummy. I served it with a pork roast and gravy, but I think we'll use up the leftovers with chicken. I think it would go with just about anything!
May 9, 2010
I had to change this recipe a little b/c I didn't have lemons, but I did have oranges :) Still delicious!