Angel Hair Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 to 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until lightly browned. Stir in the flour, cornstarch, garlic salt, pepper and basil until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat;whisk in cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until smooth. Add ham if desired; heat through. Drain pasta; add to sauce and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 315 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 24, 2013
Sauce too thick, but would make again with more milk. Also, I think this would be really good with fresh basil
Jan 29, 2012
Did not enjoy!
Sep 8, 2010
Very easy and tasty. I made it with lowfat cream cheese and 1% milk.
Jul 1, 2010
I think omitting the cornstarch would make the sauce a little less think and better with the pasta. It was good just a little too thick. Everyone liked it but thought it wasn't saucy enough.
Oct 29, 2009
I thought the sauce was too thick and lacked flavor, even with the ham. Perhaps more spices and a bit more milk would help this recipe, but I will not make it again.
Apr 28, 2008
Recipe was a little bland. I had added a lot more garlic powder, pepper and basil than what recipe called for. I also added salt, onion powder and lemon juice. I used skim milk but sauce still came out to thick. I would suggest using more milk than what the recipe call for. This is a recipe that I will make again but continue to make modifications to suite my taste.