Mexican Chicken Alfredo
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (4 servings each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between 2 greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Cover and bake until bubbly, 30-35 minutes.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole, covered, until bubbly, 50-60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 559 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Sep 12, 2019
Fast and Easy.... enjoyed this casserole. Gave 4 stars because we thought it needs a little more flavor... so I now add green peppers with the onion and some garlic powder. It was very good, and we will use it again!
Aug 20, 2019
Very tasty! Next time I would increase the taco seasoning for more spice. A really nice twist on regular chicken alfredo!
Mar 21, 2019
Oct 21, 2018
Loved it. Made half of recipe and used 1/2 pkg of taco seasoning as suggested by others.will make again.
Jul 5, 2018
I added diced green chilies and grilled fresh corn cob corn. It was excellent
May 4, 2018
I cut this recipe in half, then of that only made half of it for my husband and I and froze the other half (so a 1/4 each of the original recipe). This was really easy to make and it was VERY yummy. I used taco seasoning with 25% less sodium, and increased the amount from 1 tsp to 1.5 tsp. I also added in some chopped sweet red pepper. We really liked this recipe, I will definitely make this again.
Jun 21, 2017
We loved it. Super easy to make.
Feb 11, 2017
Great twist on chicken Alfredo. Even my wife, who does not care for Alfredo dishes, liked this one. Pretty easy to make also.
Nov 19, 2016
The kids loved it. I used the entire packet of taco seasoning and ground turkey because that was what I had on hand. I will definitely make this again.
Mar 22, 2016
Delicious... I made it once as is with chicken and it was great, but the second time around I substituted turkey kielbasa for the chicken and it made the dish even better! The key is using a salsa that you really like.