Angel Hair with Chicken & Cherries
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in spinach and cherries; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water. Place pasta in a large bowl; sprinkle with nutmeg and toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup pasta with 3/4 cup chicken mixture: 561 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 566mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 7g fiber), 36g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 26, 2019
It was okay but bland. Had plenty of moisture. Just wasn't in agreement with other comments.
Feb 25, 2018
I that this was delicious, however, the rest of my clan thought it was on the dry side.
Oct 17, 2017
This was delicious. My daughter is allergic to dairy and tomatoes. I left the parmesan off and she loved it.
Apr 20, 2015
Great dish, I I didn't have pine nuts, which I love, but used all pecans instead, very tasty!
Mar 5, 2015
This was very good. Dried cherries were too expensive, so I also used cherry-infused dried cranberries (Craisins). Everyone enjoyed it, and I'll be making it again.
Nov 4, 2014
This was not good. It was really dry. Needs some sort of sauce.
Mar 14, 2014
Really enjoyed this! I could not find dried cherries, but I did find dried cherry infused cranberries, which tasted great. A wonderful and unexpected combination of subtle flavors.