Angel Hair Pasta with Garden Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow, red or green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, yellow pepper, basil and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and salt until smooth; gradually stir into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce is thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Drain pasta; divide among four plates. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 333 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Apr 11, 2014
I thought this was great!! I added some pickled garlic cloves along with the juice just before serving, gave it excellent flavor.
Feb 23, 2014
Easy and fairly healthy. A great way to get more veggies in your diet. We enjoyed this dish.
Feb 1, 2014
I really like this recipe. I will make it again.
Mar 12, 2013
I joined this site just to pass on the information that this dish is not good AT ALL! There is no taste and the proportions are all wrong. There is no way that anyone actually ever made this recipe. This must have been thrown together to fill the site for recipes or something because this is not a dish that you would ever make on purpose. Awful waste of time.
Jun 10, 2012
This was delicious. My husband, a picky eater, really enjoyed it. I added other vegetables I had on hand to add variety.
Mar 30, 2012
How to do determine that 714 mg of sodium in one portion is health?50% of americans should have no more than 1500 mg of sodium per day. I think you need to rework your recipies!
Apr 3, 2011
My family said do not make this again. The cornstarch broth misture was very tasteless. It definitely did not provide enought moisture to be served on the pasta.The vegetables were tasty and I definitely would saute vegetables in the basil oil combination again.
Feb 5, 2011
Super healthy and easy to make... very good recipe!
Dec 28, 2010
Very nutritious, very delicious! I also added diced chicken.
Feb 27, 2010
Light and very tasty. A favorite.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.