Lemony Scallops with Angel Hair Pasta
This delicate dish tastes so bright with a touch of lemon and tender sauteed scallops. Serve with crusty whole grain bread, and you've got an impressive dinner that comes together in a flash. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sea scallops, patted dry
- 2 cups sliced radishes (about 1 bunch)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; sear scallops in batches until opaque and edges are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute radishes, garlic and pepper flakes in remaining oil until radishes are tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in green onions and salt; cook 1 minute. Add to pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with lemon zest and juice. Top with scallops to serve.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 404 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as angels by the bay in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.