Scallops with Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch, broth and wine until smooth. In a nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add mushrooms, green onions and carrot; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Reduce heat. Add scallops and parsley; cook until scallops are firm and opaque. Serve with linguine and, if desired, lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup scallop mixture with 1/2 cup linguine: 281 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 13, 2019
We enjoyed this very much. I did change the method a bit by adding salt and pepper and then browning the scallops in a small amount of olive oil and setting aside. I then proceeded with the recipe as written and then added the cooked scallops at the end. I found this to give the scallops a better taste and was more attractive when browned rather than just opaque. I used angel hair pasta as it is my husband's favorite. This was a pretty and delicious recipe. I am a TOH volunteer field editor.
Feb 26, 2017
This is a treat for us as we love scallops. It is an attractive and very flavorful dish.
Sep 13, 2009
Presents beautifully but the sauce is too thin and the scallops a bit overpowering for our taste. Will try it again though. Very easy to make.