Lemony Shrimp & Snow Pea Pasta
This pretty pasta is a family favorite —the kids love the light lemony flavor and I love that they devour the fresh veggies. You can use other types of pasta for variety, like bow ties or corkscrews. —Jennifer Fisher, Austin, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Additional grated lemon zest and chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add peas; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add pasta to shrimp mixture; stir in peas and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, parsley, oil, garlic, lemon zest and remaining salt and pepper until blended. Pour over shrimp mixture; toss to coat, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. If desired, sprinkle with additional lemon zest and parsley.