Chilled Shrimp Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- Red lettuce leaves, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, onion, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in shrimp, cucumber, celery and pasta. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve on lettuce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without lettuce): 239 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Jul 12, 2019
Delicious. Perfect for a warm summer evening or luncheon. I will make this recipe again
Apr 13, 2019
I liked this, everyone liked this, good flavor
Jul 5, 2018
This is a delicious recipe that can be used as a main dish as well as a side dish. I thought I was the only one who added horseradish sauce to pasta/potato salads. Gives them a little zip. I added some finely chopped red bell peppers for color, and used thinly sliced green onions.
Jun 17, 2018
Use green onion, then add a little raw white sweet corn, some chunks of avocado, and some halved cherrie tomatoes. It brings this salad to a whole new level...
Mar 31, 2016
Delicious!!! Since I am a WW I lightened it up with lite sour cream and lite mayo. I figured only 6 pts a serving so makes an awesome lunch.
Jun 30, 2015
This was delicious! Family loved it, even the grand kids ate it.
Jun 13, 2015
Took to potluck. Lots of good comments.
Sep 7, 2014
I loved this pasta salad! I only gave it 4 stars because my hubby wasn't a fan. But that's okay...more for me!!!
Aug 1, 2014
Delicious & refreshing! I used green onion instead of the grated onion. Also used less horseradish because it was a tad strong. But I will definitely make this again! Perfect for a hot summer night! Also skipped the red lettuce.
Jul 9, 2014
This salad is delicious! It's perfect for dinner on hot summer nights. I was wary of the horseradish sauce at first, but it added a really nice flavor to the dressing without making it too hot. I used small pacific salad shrimp, and I skipped the red lettuce leaves. I'll be making this quite a few more times this summer!