Artichoke Shrimp Pasta Salad
I have enjoyed this recipe for as long as I can remember. My mom made it famous, and she passed it down to me on my wedding day. It's one of those potluck staples that folks can't get enough of. —Mary McCarley, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1-1/3 cups each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 cans (7-1/2 ounces each ) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each ) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Fresh ground pepper, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and drain well. In a large bowl, combine pasta, shrimp, artichokes, olives, cheese, green onions, parsley and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, lemon juice, basil, mustard and, if desired, pepper. Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 453 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp, Artichoke, and Orzo Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017