Crispy Shrimp Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 romaine hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese and pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes and cheese; refrigerate until serving. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add shrimp, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1/4 in. oil to 375°. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle dressing over romaine mixture and toss to coat. Top with shrimp. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese and pepper; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 405 calories, 31g fat (5g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
May 22, 2014
Delicious! The salad has just the right balance between tender and crispy. I did add extra salad ingredients...cucumber, red onion, and radish in order to make it a "dinner" salad. I cut down on the prep by using popcorn shrimp, too. Thanks, Marla for the inspiration. This salad is definitely a keeper!