Crispy Crouton Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cubed Italian bread
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white or brown balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread cubes in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, yellow pepper and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 205 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 10, 2013
it is so good. I make it all the time. I use croutons instead of baked bread to speed it up.
Aug 19, 2012
This is a delicious salad. I made it for a family dinner and everyone liked it.
Jun 12, 2011
This was easy and good, but the dressing lacked something. Next time I make it I'm going to use white balsamic vinegar instead of brown, and garlic powder instead of minced garlic and see how it comes out. Also I will try adding the basil to the dressing, perhaps the night before to let the flavors blend.
Oct 22, 2010
My family loves this as a side dish to some of our Italian dinners! It's quick & easy to make.