Crispy Crouton Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cubed Italian bread
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white or brown balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread cubes in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, yellow pepper and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 205 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 10, 2013
it is so good. I make it all the time. I use croutons instead of baked bread to speed it up.
Aug 19, 2012
This is a delicious salad. I made it for a family dinner and everyone liked it.
Jun 12, 2011
This was easy and good, but the dressing lacked something. Next time I make it I'm going to use white balsamic vinegar instead of brown, and garlic powder instead of minced garlic and see how it comes out. Also I will try adding the basil to the dressing, perhaps the night before to let the flavors blend.
Oct 22, 2010
My family loves this as a side dish to some of our Italian dinners! It's quick & easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.