Crisp Waldorf Salad
This crunchy salad is a perfect side to accompany a heavy meal. With it's light and crisp flavors, it'll be the hit of the party.—Susan R Falk, Eastpointe, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 large green apples, chopped
- 2 large red apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, honey and cinnamon until blended. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 151 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Waldorf Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.