Crunchy Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, in a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, bacon, almonds, sesame seeds and onions in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Top with chow mein noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 167 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 28, 2018
I really enjoyed this salad. My husband and kids weren't as excited about it, but I suspect it was because they didn't care for the sesame seeds in a salad.
Dec 27, 2013
I have made this salad for years! Everyone loves it and always asks for the recipe. I have extra copies to give out.
Dec 21, 2013
Best salad. I'm making it Christmas dinner. I also make it for every other family occasion or just because.
Jun 21, 2011
Great salad. We usually use spring mix lettuce, baby spinach or both!!
Sep 23, 2010
This is my family's and friend's all time favorite salad recipe. We eat it all year long and it always seems to impress when I take it to potlucks, BBQs, and holiday gatherings.
Dec 22, 2009
Our extended family loves this salad. A niece fixed it for a holiday meal and it's on every table when we have a get-to-gether. There's never so much as a noodle left.
May 11, 2009
This salad is a regular in our household. The whole family loves it!
Nov 1, 2008
My sister made this for a family gathering and I just loved the crunchy bits of bacon, almonds and chow mein noodles. This is a regular at my house now!!!