Cool & Crunchy Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients until blended. Add chicken, grapes, celery and pecans; toss to coat. Serve on lettuce.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 340 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 27, 2018
See, I have not made this. Looks like it is good though. It's not the recipe as such.Thing is - This is supposed to be "Dolly Parton's Favorite Recipes" and says used at her theme parks. B.S. This recipe was submitted by Sarah Smiley, Bangor, Maine.C'mon TasteofHome. We're not a bunch of zombies out here.
Aug 24, 2017
I was concerned about the tartness in the dressing. But I made recipe as written and the sweetness of the grapes gave me peace of mind. This recipe is delicious and easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.