Cool & Crunchy Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients until blended. Add chicken, grapes, celery and pecans; toss to coat. Serve on lettuce.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 340 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 27, 2018
See, I have not made this. Looks like it is good though. It's not the recipe as such.Thing is - This is supposed to be "Dolly Parton's Favorite Recipes" and says used at her theme parks. B.S. This recipe was submitted by Sarah Smiley, Bangor, Maine.C'mon TasteofHome. We're not a bunch of zombies out here.
Aug 24, 2017
I was concerned about the tartness in the dressing. But I made recipe as written and the sweetness of the grapes gave me peace of mind. This recipe is delicious and easy to make.