Vietnamese Crunchy Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- SALAD :
- 5 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, stir-fry half of the chicken mixture for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining chicken. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, cilantro, carrots and chicken; toss to combine. Add peanuts and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Jul 15, 2017
love this different kind of salad. i took it to work and had many requests for the recipe. a recipe that i plan to keep
Aug 19, 2016
The salad was refreshing and delicious. I think too many ingredients, but other than that all I have to say is, This Salads ROCKS!!
Mar 21, 2014
This is a great salad--I actually served it as a main course for dinner. The lime juice makes it refreshing and there is just the right amount of heat from the cayenne and red pepper flakes. I threw in some sliced green onions. Next time I will use 1 & 1/2 pounds of chicken--my carnivore husband felt 1 lb was not enough. I also used bagged cole slaw cabbage mix (which has the julienned carrots in it already) to save time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.