Harvest Salad with Lime-Curry Dressing
A friend gave me this salad recipe to help me impress my new husband who loves citrus. We serve the dressing over greens we harvest from our garden—the lime and curry make a fantastic pairing. —Rachel Muilenburg, Prineville, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1-1/3 cups each)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, torn (about 15 cups)
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, torn (about 12 cups)
- 2 celery ribs, diagonally sliced
- 1 large apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium pear, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat; serve immediately.
Originally published as Lime Curry Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.