- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- PEANUT DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens and next 6 ingredients.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the next 8 ingredients. Add to salad mixture and toss to coat. Divide mixture among 4 plates; top with peanuts and, if desired, jalapeno slices.
1 cup: 111 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.