Sesame Spaghetti Salad with Peanuts
I love the sweet and spicy combination of the Asian-styled sauce. This can be made a day ahead. —LeAnn Fujimoto, Normal, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the sesame oil, canola oil and pepper flakes until oil is fragrant. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soy sauce, honey and salt; set aside.
- Drain spaghetti and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the peanuts, cilantro, sesame seeds and oil mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup salad: 358 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Spaghetti Salad in Backyard Barbecues
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.