Salad with Honey-Mustard Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the oil, 1/2 cup sugar, vinegar, honey, lemon juice and seasonings; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool.
- In a small skillet over low heat, cook almonds and remaining sugar until nuts are glazed; cool.
- In a salad bowl, toss the romaine, cheese and almonds. Top with eggs. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 308 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 23, 2017
I make this salad every holiday. It wonderful and everyone seems to really like it.
Oct 28, 2012
My mom and I have both made this wonderful salad many,many times.My brother said it is the best salad ever.
Apr 7, 2010
This is a wonderful salad! I like to add extra egg!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.