Honey-Melon Salad with Basil
Total TimePrep/Total: 20 min.
- 6 cups cubed cantaloupe (about 1 medium)
- 6 cups cubed honeydew melon (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or mint
- Dried cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cantaloupe and honeydew. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. In a small bowl, whisk honey, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour over melons just before serving; toss to coat. Stir in basil and, if desired, dried cranberries. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 68 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Aug 30, 2017
My husband and I enjoyed this dressing with some of our homegrown watermelon. It was very refreshing and a nice change of pace from typical melon salads.
Aug 26, 2017
Really refreshing as a summer side or dessert- it was dessert for us as we ended our cookout with family. I used half watermelon and half cantaloupe because the honeydew at the market didn't seem ripe. I used half basil and half mint - winning combination. The dressing was a great light addition. I will serve this again. Oh, I did not add the cranberries because I used them all in the spinach salad.
Aug 25, 2017
This was a great combination of tangy and sweet. I think it would make a great dressing for a pasta salad, as well.
Aug 23, 2017
Always looking for a new fruit salad recipe and this one is a winner. Light and refreshing!
Aug 18, 2017
This is a delicious and refreshing recipe! I reduced the recipe to just serve two...the math was a bit tricky, but I managed!!! I used a combo of basil and mint; the herbs give the salad a nice pop of freshness. I also used some "hot" honey that I recently purchased. The taste of the spicy, sweet honey and the cool of the fruit was a tasty match. Will make this again.