Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey-Orange Dressing
I first made this fruit salad for my husband’s surprise party on his 73rd birthday. It’s been a hit ever since. The night before serving, I combine the oranges, pineapple, grapes and strawberries in a large plastic bag, then refrigerate until ready to serve. I also make the dressing the night before. —Lea Ann Schalk, Garfield, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 ripe medium bananas, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk honey, orange juice concentrate, oil and poppy seeds until blended. In a large bowl, combine strawberries, grapes, pineapple and oranges.
- Just before serving, stir in apples and bananas. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 115 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Lar-a-pen Fruit Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.